I have been thinking about what to do for new resolutions for this year and i have decided that all of my resolutions are going to be things that only i can control. If i can't control it, then who's to know if it will really happen.
So this year these are the things that i will do, work on, or continue doing:
- Work out at least THREE times a week. I would like it to be FIVE times, but i'll start with three. It's simple and can be done.
- Do everything in my power to get those abs i've always wanted. Whether this means i do P90X 2 or crazy dieting i don't care. IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!
- Run more. I want to do a Ragnar, another marathon (been since 2005. Seven years!), and maybe a half marathon in there too.
- I want to do everything i can to get out of debt. I know there is no way that i can pay off all my student loans, BUT i can pay off everything else this year EASILY! I just need to control my spending habits and that is going to take some time.
- Treat others the way i want to be treated. I am a sarcastic person, but some time people take it literal and it gets me into trouble. This year i am going to be nicer and really work on complementing others.
- No more swearing. I used to be so good at this. Then for some reason i became a sailor and i am not a fan.
- I want to continue with last years goal of going to the temple every week. I only missed three weeks last year. So here's to another amazing year.
- I need to go to all of church. I tend to only stay for the first hour then leave, but now i am in a ward where it's reversed and i think this is really going to help me with this. It will make me stay for the most important part.
- Read my scriptures every day. I have set this goal before and never achieved it, so here's to MY year. I can do this and it will be easy, i just have to stick to it.
I am not great at setting goals with numbers cause i never keep track, but some other goals that i am going to work on this year are:
- Read more books. Not just ones by celebrities, REAL BOOKS.
- Help others more. With anything really: babysitting friends kids (and my niece and nephew), clean the house more, or just finding things i can help with.
- Increase my knowledge of social media. If that means reading books about it, taking classes, or watching webinars.
I am turning 30 in two days and didn't really worry about it until now. Always felt like i should have a LOT more done with my life, but looking back i have really accomplished a lot. And i have so much more to get done.
:So here's to the next year, decade, and 30 more years: